Why Learn Lua?
Lua is a small but general programming language, that is good for both novices and
experienced programmers for the following reasons:
- It is small, both in terms of concepts the programmer must know as well as the size
of its own source code, object code size, and memory footprint when executing.
- It is fast. Lua is fast for an interpreted language.
- It is portable. Lua is available on Windows, Linux, Unix, OS X, and mobile platforms
as well as other less common platforms, because Lua itself is written in ANSI C.
- Lua is embeddable. Lua is designed to be embedded inside other applications,
especially those written in C or C++. For this reason is the extension language of
a number of games and applications.
- Lua is free. Lua is open source and distributed under the MIT license which is allows
for both personal and commercial use.